Miller Home consistently receives support from volunteers in the community who want to make a difference in the lives of the girls who come through our doors.
Current volunteer opportunities include (but are not limited to):
- Household Projects such as yard work, painting, and other skilled work depending upon volunteer skill level
- Entertainment and Program Activities for Residents such as themed parties, community outings, craft activities, and informative programs with the advance approval of Miller Home
- Tutoring and Study Hall Assistance which may be on a regular basis or on an as needed basis
- Mentoring with residents to include pairing with a specific resident (need varies depending upon current residents)
- Special Events including the Phil Vassar Golf Tournament and Acoustic Concert
We pride ourselves on working with volunteers to establish a volunteer experience that utilizes the volunteer’s interests, strengths, and abilities while meeting the needs of Miller Home and our residents. Please be aware that background checks are required for any volunteer who is alone with residents on a regular basis and the cost is $39.00.